Sometimes it’s laziness, but I think the real reason behind people eating out is that it’s hard to cook for just two people. So, for most of my recipes, you’ll find the portion is perfect for two people. Here’s a delicious, quality creamy seafood pasta dish perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
2 sheets of homemade pasta cut into your favorite size (or 8- 10 grams of fresh pasta)
3 cloves of roasted garlic
About 6-7 grape tomatoes cut into quarters
Fresh basil (optional)
- Peel off the shells of the prawns and keep the shells (please do not discard the heads, as they are the key to your flavorful dish)
- Boil the shells (must use the heads for flavors) in about 4 cups of water
- Continue to boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Drain all the shells and heads. You might also want to use a spoon to clean out the layer of protein off the top of the broth.
- You can now use your shrimp broth to cook your pasta
- Boil the fresh pasta in the shrimp broth. Since I’m using fresh pasta, it takes less time to cook than dry pasta. Once the broth begins to boil again, turn down the heat to medium and boil it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. The pasta will continue to cook. Let the steam cook it for an additional 5 minutes or so or until the pasta seems fully cooked.
- Save 4 tbs of the shrimp and pasta water and drain the pasta from the water. Rinse the pasta off with cold water and set it aside.
- Heat up your cast iron pan. Once it’s hot, add about 1 Tbs of olive oil and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add 3-4 roasted garlic and chopped up tomatoes into the pan. Let it cook until the tomato is slightly charred, which should take just about 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook until they are translucent.
- Add in 4 tbs of shrimp broth, followed by 4 tbs of homemade tomato sauce and keep stirring.
- Once everything begins to boil, add 1 tbs of Bechamel sauce. Keep stirring.
- Pour in the cooked pasta. Stir and mix everything together until all the pasta is covered with sauce.
Note: You can also figure out my cadence by checking out my YouTube video.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please take pictures of your dinner or romantic dinner in the comment section below. You can also email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!